Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Playlist for September 1st, 2010




I'm fucking out of here! Screw you crapsville, I'll miss you all deeply. I (Matthew (the cute one)) am moving away for a year, in order to be near my lady and experience the crazy fucking culture of Canada's west coast. Of course, this means that you will all have to make due with Ishmael being a consumate professional all the time. Terrible, I know.

Here's the playlist!

Maylee Todd & Circle Research - Hooked


Kula Shaker - Ruby


Sufjan Stevens - I Walked




CSS - Canonball (Breeders cover)

THOR - Rosie [myspace]

Arcade Fire - We Used To Wait



Hesta Prynn - Can We Go Wrong

Wolf Parade - Cave-O-Sapien

Ruby Coast - Creep Me Out [Free EP]

EXTRAS:

So many cool things are happening. In keeping with being the most amazing working band in the industry, Arcade Fire's website features an HTML5 experiment by filmmaker Chris Milk (who has made videos for the likes of Kanye fucking West.) It's an interactive video project featuring that will blow you away, guaranteed. If it doesn't, I will eat any amount of hats. No restrictions. See http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com to have your mind blown off.

The Ruby Coast, who we've been fans of for a long time, are releasing their new EP Whatever This Is for free, all y'all gotta do is tweet at 'em.

The new Ted Leo video features funnymen Paul F. Tompkins and Judge John Hodgman. It's a fantastic video.

That's all there is folks. Enjoy the greatest fucking FM-Phasis show lineup that there has ever been and remember to drop Ishmael a coin or two in the fall. I want this show to be here when I get back.

No comments: