Thursday, February 12, 2009

Matthew's Finest


Hey everyone. I may not have been on the show today because of feminine issues, but that doesn't mean that I won't deliver my patented day late blog post as per usual.

I actually passed over this song in favour of last week's track by the Steel Workers and have been regretting it ever since. It's by Regina group Polymaths [myspace] and in the week since the last show I've formed a very real love affair with this song. It's so cute, just so cute. It's the kind of song that everyone really wants to write. If it were a souffle, it would be the kind of souffle that everyone really really wants to bake/eat. It's such a neat funny little song in fact, that I find myself smiling everytime I here the line 

"if I praised your peerless beauty all the way to mountaintops...
I'd complain of the noise in a phonecall to the cops."

As might be evident from that line, it's a song of passionate love and sincere refusal. It's also a song that cheers me up every time I listen to it, and really that's what we should all be looking for from our music; something that affects us for the better. 

Polymaths - Duet [mp3]

No comments: