Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Matthew's Finest

Well well welly welly well. Look who it is. Thought you culd just come traipsing back in here and take all the songs you like? Well, ok then.

In keeping with the disjointed and amateurish farce that was today's show, the song that I'm submitting for your listening enjoyment is actually two songs! I know, this is highly unorthodox, but if you just give them a chance, you'll see why.

The first song is one that we did play on the show, but only to fill time. It's called Janet and it's performed fantastically by The Format. It's also a song that is entirely devoid of any easily accessible tabs. So if anyone encounters them out there on the World Wide Web, drop me a line.

The Format - Janet
And the next musical masterpiece that I'm putting out there is a song that we did not play on the show this week. 'Why?' you might ask. Well the answer is simple; because my love for these young ladies is too pure and too beautiful to be sullied by the cruel medium of public radio. They are delicate flowers, beautiful souls, and dirty, little potty-mouths, which is where my love becomes truest of all. The song is from The Coathangers and it is called Parking Lot. I know nothing of the band, and I don't intend to find anything out because they're already as perfect as they'll ever be.

The Coathangers - Parking Lot

No comments: