Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Matthew's Finest


This week my song comes from Brooklyn by way of Oregon. Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson [myspace] is the name of the artist and the song is called Buriedfed.

The song itself is hard to pin down. It's slightly melancholic but it switches between being heartfelt and depressing to uplifting and having an ehr of triumph despite adversity. I don't usually go in for things that are uplifting, because it's too easy to appeal to a person's sense of self pity, but in this case I actually feel like conquering my demons. For a whole four minutes and fifty-one seconds I want to punch my childhood bullies in the face and do push-ups.

Miles' voice is so powerful that despite the relatively low level of instrumental involvement the song is very moving. It's a bit like the Star Wars trilogy; boring for a combined 4 hours, but then you find out that Vader is Luke's father and the whole thing becomes a rollercoaster ride of emotion and Ewok related hijinx.

It is exactly like the Star Wars trilogy because I like it a lot.




Also check out the video, which is of poor quality, but if you turn the brightness on your monitor up enough you can just make out the ghosts of people.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot. That was one of the most amazing songs I've heard in awhile. Thanks.