Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Matthew's Finest


This week I'm picking a song that has been ignored by we two. The Rural Alberta Advantage is a band from Toronto that formed back in 2005 and stayed entirely off of my radar until they released their new album, Hometowns, earlier this year.

The band has been very well received, even making onto a substantial number of top ten of 2008 lists, including a few from prominent US bloggers; no small feat for a Canadian band. The album itself keeps yielding song after song that becomes an invaluable addition to my music library. I can't confirm the quality of the entire CD, thanks to my sporadic and infrequent method of attaining music, but what I've heard is fantastic.

The song is called Frank, AB and it's one of those musical journeys that gets a tighter hold of you the more you listen to it. I consider it to be a very obvious choice for my last official recommendation of 2008.


No comments: