Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SotW for Dec. 17, 2008

I hate Sloan. I don't really know when my hatred for them became as intense as it is, but I hate the status they enjoy as "icons" of Canadian music. Their songs tend to be pretty damned boring, although singer Jay Ferguson's voice is pretty good, I must admit.

However, I really like Waterloo's Will Currie and the Country French whom I came across last year on the I Heart Music blog. Their piano-inspired tunes with Will Currie's songwriting made for a jolly good time. So imagine my surprise when the two acts collaborated on a song.

Push Pins was written by Will Currie who shares the vocals on the song with Jay Ferguson. They harmonize very well together and the song is a sugary pop gem. They recorded while touring together and Will Currie and the Country French have seen some good publicity as a result. In fact, the song is nominated for a Bucky Award. Let's hope they continue doing well.

Will Curry and the Country French & Sloan - Push Pins [mp3]

No comments: