Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SotW for Jan 14, 2009

This week's featured song is by San Francisco's Vetiver. What is a vetiver, you ask? As far as I can tell, it's a type of grass indigenous to India. (For pronunciation, see Answers.com.)

Singer/songwriter Andy Cabic is the man behind the band and he will be releasing Vetiver's fourth studio album with Sub Pop, whose roster continues to attract the best bands in indie music. Tight Knit will not be available until Feb. 17 but it is already a best seller on the label's website.

The song is Everyday and its soft melodies and soothing lyrics make the 3 mins and 49 secs fly by. My favourite bit of the song:

I always seem to make something out of nothing
But I can't make you appear
While I'm away just know
I'll play this song for you
and wait

Vetiver - Everyday [mp3]

No comments: